WELCOME TO AGRILASA
Agri-Laboratory Association of Southern Africa (AgriLASA) is a non-profit umbrella body, founded in 1993, and aims to provide a forum to promote analytical accuracy, encourage diversity, and provide networking opportunities between experts. Member laboratories share technical knowledge and experience, and address common challenges often encountered in agricultural laboratories.
The association strives to recommend and maintain standard methods of analysis within the disciplines, as well as for the certification of its member laboratories.
A comprehensive, inter-laboratory proficiency test scheme for all the disciplines is co-ordinated by the association. Round robins are regularly conducted to monitor the analytical performance of participating laboratories. The respective discipline committees monitor the efficacy of the scheme as a means to promote the reliability of analytical services offered.
Membership is open to any Southern African agricultural laboratory.
Job title: Operations Officer – AgriLASA
Job reference number: OP-AGR-01
Closing date: 26 June 2018
An operations officer for AgriLASA to manage the day to day business matters of the Association, the operations officer shall liaise with the discipline chairpersons, assisting with operational functions.
Experience is preferred in the agricultural industry, although not essential. Candidates must have good communication skills and be flexible. This position will be remunerated for services rendered, at a rate and working hours determined by the Council.
- Execution of general tasks
- Maintenance and upkeep of the website
- Management of methods, policies, and procedures
- Liaising with the proficiency testing service providers
- Arranging Council, Committee and Association activities
- Organising meetings and conferences
- Preparing an annual report on the proceedings of the Association
- Proficiency testing sample management
- Identifying training needs and/or requirements
- Organising and facilitating training
*Please submit your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org